Friday, August 04, 2017

Three little words

Image from WWW
The moment we are asked to say three little words, we immediately think of the most commonly used and abused "I love you".  Many say it when they really mean it but many also say it automatically without feeling any emotion.  

But three little words  that convey much more than "I love you" can come in different forms. Sometimes what is even better than "I love you" is "You were right".  Nothing sounds sweeter than these words.

Image from Pinterest

For the most part of my life, it was always easier for my grandparents, especially my grandfather to say "God bless you" instead of "I love you".  Come to think of it, that was mostly the norm because in their generation, I believe it was hard to be openly demonstrative.

When he was alive, I used to give him an allowance and every time that I received my salary, I would pack his money in an envelope and see him as soon as I could.  It was a joke that he would always tease me saying "Pay Day".  Not because I was paying him but because I had received my pay!

Each time that I handed him the allowance, he would inevitably say "God bless you".  When I look back over the many years that he had always said that to me, I can believe that God really did bless me.  Those words were never in vain.  They worked a miracle over my life.  Only in hindsight, I am able to see this.

May you begin to bless those around you especially if you are unable to mouth the words "I love you".

And if you have reached the end of this blog post, "God bless you".




No comments:

Post a Comment